Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WHY BLAME OTHERS WHEN FAILURE SHOULDN'T BE ACCEPTED

NEVER BLAME ANYONE NOR ACCEPT FAILURE 

(No Excuse Is Tenable For Failure)

Sometimes in the year 2012, I was traveling back to Ado-Ekiti from Ijesa Isu-Ekiti. When I got to Iluomoba-Ekiti, I saw an elderly man of about 55 years of age waving down vehicles to take him to Ado-Ekiti. 
Since it's my usual habit to assist people whenever such an act is within my power, I rolled down the window to find out if he was heading my destination and he said yes, so I beckoned to him to get inside and we continued the journey.

When we got to Ijan-Ekiti, the old man engaged me in a conversation by thanking me for assisting him, having stayed by roadside under a scorching sun for more than 1hour before I picked him. 

He said the relief he was getting from the car's air condition within the last 5 minutes that he joined me had made him to forget the pain of more than 1hours that he suffered under the sun. I accepted his appreciation and told him to relax and feel comfortable. 

Few minutes later, he started the story of how he had a dream to become successful when he was much younger, such as having businesses, build houses, have many cars etc. 

But his dream was aborted when he was in Form 2 (JSS2), after his father married a new wife. His stepmother turned his father against him and his 2 siblings and the father stopped sponsoring their education. Which as a result, caused him to drop out of school and the rest was a story. 

He blamed almost everyone for his failure and his inability to achieve his dream. I pitied him and encouraged him to make sure that he does everything within his power to ensure that his own children become successful in life, if at all he couldn't achieve his own dream. 

I equally encouraged him that it's never too late for him to reconsider those dreams, using as a case study the story of Harland David Sanders of KFC who died with an estimated net worth of 3.5 million dollars. Opened his first KFC franchise at the age of 64. His company, Kentucky Fried Chicken, has an estimated net worth of 15 billion dollars, as of 2013. 


I dropped him off at Ijigbo in Ado and bidded him  goodbye. 

After I dropped him, I began to ruminate over our interactions and the only fact that dropped in my mind was that; *"This Man Has Forgotten That No Excuse Is Tenable for Failure."*

The Blame Game
1. He blamed his father for yielding to the manipulation of his stepmother. 
2. He blamed his stepmother for turning his father against him and his siblings 
3. He even blamed his own mother for not doing enough to sponsor his education 

But to my surprise,
  1. . He didn't blame himself for not making concerted efforts to help himself when his parents could not help him
  2. He didn't blame himself for not doing enough to live above disappointment and parental irresponsibility. 
  3. . He didn't blame himself for giving up on his dreams and aspirations just because some people gave up on him. 
NOTE:
Never give up on your goals, dreams or aspirations because of temporary set, human disappointments or other life's challenges. For if you do, you will live to regret your failure and no excuse will be tenable to justify your failure

I WISH YOU A GREAT FULFILMENT OF ALL DREAMS 

Gbenga Emiloju (DMPII)

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ekeji Commends Gusau Over NFF Board’s Composition